Youth On Their Own (YOTO) - strives to eliminate barriers to education and empower Pima County’s homeless youth to stay in school. For over 30 years, we have supported the high school graduation of this unique demographic by providing financial assistance, basic human needs, and guidance. With the help of our supporters we empower homeless youth to remain in school and pursue opportunities for self-sufficiency.
As a Program Specialist – Processing and Student Records, you’ll be an integral part in helping carry out YOTO’s mission by serving as a key member of our Program Data Team, responsible for the data and record-keeping within our online client database. The Program Data Team collaborates to process financial assistance requests, ensure validity of our program records, and create reports to share with team leads and school partners. In addition, members of the Data Team support our youth drop-in center by assisting students and guests with services and answering questions about our program.
• Ensure accurate record keeping by entering and maintaining digital student records in the client database.
• Process service requests and coordinate with staff and school partners to determine program status and service eligibility.
• Create reports to share with internal teams and departments.
• Provide internal technical support and assist in user-management of the YOTO Portal.
• Support the youth drop-in center by assisting students and guests with services or information about the program.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting and using a computer
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 2-year/Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Skilled in using Microsoft Excel to manage data and generate reports.
• Experience working with youth ages 12-22; Compassion and understanding for the challenged youth population we serve.
• Ability to communicate calmly and supportively with youth using non-judgmental language.
• Ability to communicate and work in a collaboration with numerous supporting constituents and as part of a team.
• Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record, and access to own auto (mileage reimbursement provided), and proof of auto insurance.
• Ability to receive Fingerprint Clearance Card.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
• People with lived experience in youth homelessness are encouraged to apply
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions pertinent to the position. Youth On Their Own reserves the right to hire the most qualified candidate for this position who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Youth On Their Own reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Priority screening will be given to those who apply by August 7th, 2020. No phone call please.
Your application was submitted successfully.